Component testing saves you time and money
Improving the performance of your engine takes time and money and component testing can save you both. At PLR Performance engines we have a range of the latest test equipment to locate cracks, check hardness and find stress faults before you go through machining processes. By locating and assessing these issues we can advise if they are repairable and estimate the cost or if the component is not a viable repair. No one wants to hear bad news but better to hear it before you spend money machining than after.
Many faults can be successfully repaired and the component continue on with further machining and back into your car. Testing early in the process also can avoid a major fault occurring on race day and nobody likes failing to finish. We use up to date Sonic, Crack, Hardness and Pressure testers to ensure the integrity of your components and Surface Finish testers to check on the quality of the component surface.
How we work
The way we operate our workshop is one of the key contributor’s to successful machining projects. It is thorough, we keep customers informed and the end result is a reliable high performance engine.
- Call us on (07) 3881 3390 to discuss your engine and what you would like to have done.
- We can give you an estimate over the phone.
- If you would like to proceed your component or engine needs to be removed from your vehicle and brought to our workshop. We don’t have engine removal or installation services but we can recommend a workshop that can do this for you.
- On arrival your engine or component is stripped and completely cleaned for inspection and testing.
- If we find any defects or issues we will call you to discuss your options
- We perform hardness tests on key components to ensure the materials are suitable for machining.
- We can provide you with a written fixed price quote for the agreed services so you know exactly what your costs are.
- If we find any further issues during the process, we will contact you before proceeding so you can make informed decisions.
- Your engine or component will then be machined to the agreed specifications using the best equipment in our workshop.
- Following machining we will reassemble your engine using our performance assembly process for more power and reliability.
- Your engine or component is then ready for collection and can be installed back into your vehicle.
PLR Performance Engines have all the test equipment needed to save you time and money on your performance engine project.
Call us today on 07 3881 1342